When I am looking for a crisp, refreshing, citrus drink on a hot day, the margarita is one of my first choices. I do not like the salted rims or the larger margarita glasses, and prefer a version with just the basic ingredients.
Prep: 2 minutes
Mixing: 1 minute
Total: 3 minutes
- 2oz 1800 silver tequila
- 1 1/2oz Cointreau orange liqueur
- 3/4oz lime juice (or juice from 1 lime)
- Optionally put a glass in the freezer to cool while you prepare the drink.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add all the ingredients to the cocktail shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into the glass.