With tomatoes in the garden I need as many recipes as possible that use them, (a single tomato plant is very bountiful!) This is a nice, clean chicken recipe. Total cook time is around 45 minutes.
- 1/4 Cup Flour (add more as needed)
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 2 - 3 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts
For the Breadcrumb Mixture
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I use Panko-style)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan (lightly packed)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
For the Bruchetta
- 2 Tomatoes Seeded and Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
There are three things to prepare. First the breadcrumb mixture, then the chicken and finally, while the chicken is cooking, the bruschetta.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir for a minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound chicken so it is an even thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt, petter and thyme, (or seasonings of choice)
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip in or brush with egg.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish and cover with breadcrumb mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cover chicken with bruschetta (see below).
- Bake for another five minutes.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.