With tomatoes in the garden I need as many recipes as possible that use them, (a single tomato plant is very bountiful!) This is a nice, clean chicken recipe.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Wait: 25 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 1/4C flour (add more as needed)
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 boneless / skinless chicken breasts
For the Breadcrumb Mixture
- 1/2C bread crumbs (I use Panko-style)
- 1/2C grated parmesan, lightly packed
- 2T butter
For the Bruschetta
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3T basil, minced
- 1T olive oil
- 4 cloves (about 2T) minced garlic
- 1/2t salt
- 1/4t pepper
There are three things to prepare. First the breadcrumb mixture, then the chicken and finally, while the chicken is cooking, the bruschetta.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir for a minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 191°C.
- Pound chicken so it is an even thickness.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme, (or seasonings of choice).
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip in or brush with egg.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish and cover with breadcrumb mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes. During this time, make the bruchetta.
- Remove foil and cover chicken with bruschetta (see below).
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.