This comes together very quickly and can be adjusted to your tastes and what you have in the house. Have celery and like a little crunch? Then add about 1T of finely diced celery to the mix. Don’t like tomatoes? Then just leave them out. You could also add grated parmesan, parsley, different types of mustard, scallions instead of shallots, minced garlic, and more. The important part to me is the ratio of tuna to mayonnaise and mustard.
The tuna I buy is not packed in any liquid or oil, and does not have any salt added. If you are using something with salt added then you may not want to add more, and if your tuna is packed in water or oil then drain most of the liquid before mixing.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
Total: 7 minutes
- 1 5oz can tuna, drained if water added
- 3T mayonnaise
- 4t (one heaping tablespoon) pickles, finely diced
- 1 1/2T shallots, finely diced and rinsed
- 1t capers, chopped
- 1T tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1T yellow mustard
- 1/8t salt
- 1/8t ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a fork, breaking up the tuna until it has the consistency you like.