I like a plain gin-based martini, usually with a little added olive brine, and stirred–not shaken. I really wanted to like the vodka “shaken, not stirred” martini so I could do a (bad) James Bond impression when ordering it. Although bartenders may get that all the time and not really find it funny.
Prep: 2 minutes
Mixing: 1 minute
Total: 3 minutes
- 2 1/2oz Bombay Sapphire
- 1/2oz dry vermouth
- 1/4oz olive brine (optional)
- Optionally put a martini glass in the freezer to cool while you prepare the drink.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add all the ingredients to the cocktail shaker and stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into a martini glass.
- Optionally garnish with 3 pitted olives on a skewer. From what I have read, it is considered unlucky to use an even number of items, so bartenders will use one or three olives and not two. I just like olives, and three fits will on the skewers I have.